Killymoon Rangers Football Club   Kenneth Charles   Royal Hotel
The Official Website of Killymoon Rangers Football Club
- Sponsors
Time Bar  and Venuel, Cookstown
Rathcoole 3
Killymoon Rangers 2
Saturday 1st September 2018
Ballymena League - Division 1
2:00pm ko @ Rathcoole, Belfast
Killymoon Rangers hosted local rivals Cookstown RBL Reserves at Fairhill Park on Saturday afternoon in their fifth league fixture of the year. The match was kindly sponsored by The Oldtown Inn Bar & Restaurant and saw Killymoon Rangers come out on top, making it four league wins in a row.
Firstly, Everyone at Killymoon Rangers FC are delighted to announce and welcome Graeme McKenzie on board as the new First Team Manager, joining up with head coach Ned Coyle and assistant manager Andrew Graeme. Graeme has also enlisted the services of former Killymoon player Gary Stewart as goalkeeping coach. Dessie Allen has also kindly offering to stay on-board and assist the management team when time allows him this season. Big thanks to Dessie for all his effort last year despite other commitments.
Graeme brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience, both as a past player and young manager. He has had great success in recent years with Coagh United steering them to various cup finals and winning league titles at Intermediate level.
Killymoon's first game of the season got underway on Saturday 1st September, against a rejuvenated Rathcoole FC who won Division 3 in emphatic style last season. The game itself was recorded by a sporting videographer, and the footage can be found here
Killymoon got off to the best possible start, winning a penalty in the second minute, which Eoin Coyle duly converted. Unfortunately the lead was to be short-lived and Rathcoole equalised after a somewhat controversial offside call. 1-1 with 25 minutes gone.
Killymoon battled hard in midfield, and created several chance to get in front, finally taking one of these chance through Richard Donaghy, some great build up play from Ryan Taylor and Ryan Smith, put the front man in one-on-one, and he calmly placed the ball into the top corner. 2-1 Killymoon 40 minutes gone.
Possession ebbed and flowed in the second half, but Killymoon seemed to have the upper hand, limiting Rathcoole to long balls, which the defence and goalkeeper Michael Brown dealt with very well. Rathcoole however pressed on, and got themselves back on level terms, a little out of the blue, and Killymoon found themselves drawing 2-2 with not very long left in the game.
A triple substitution was made late in the second half, and the fresh legs were working well for the Killymoon side, a few snapshot efforts from Warren Smith and Stuart Donaghy could have won the tie, as well as a close range header from Jamie O'Neill which was saved on the line.
The game looked set to finish 2-2, a fair enough result maybe. However, in the closing minutes, the referee had other ideas, and as Rathcoole played a through ball to their front man, who had strayed offside, play was waved on, and the striker finished with ease past the helpless Killymoon goalkeeper.
A disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic game of football. Final Score Rathcoole 3, Killymoon 2. We wish Rathcoole all the best with their season, we look forward to the return fixture.

- Sponsors
Cookstown Taxi Cabs
Copyright 2007-19 © Killymoon Rangers Football Club